A few days ago, I made some grilled cheese. It was good obviously I mean who doesn’t love grilled cheese sandwiches? They are super easy to make. So why not experiment a little and try something new! Pepperoni Pizza + Grilled Cheese = AMAZING! Perfect quick snack or lunch. I think I’ll be making these sandwiches all the time! It sounds odd but I picture myself making these for my kids one day and putting them in their lunch boxes. Then when they get to school, all the other kids will be jealous! I can dream right?
PREP TIME: 10 minutes | COOK TIME: 10 minutes | SERVINGS: 3
- 6 slices of bread
- 3 tbsp butter spread (1/2 per sandwich)
- 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (1/4 per sandwich)
- 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese (1/4 per sandwich)
- 21 slices of pepperoni (7 slices per sandwich)
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce (1/4 per sandwich)
- Thyme or other seasoning as desired
1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp butter on both sides of each slice of bread.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese on 3 slices of bread. Spread 7 slices of pepperoni on top of the cheese for each slice. Spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on top of the pepperoni. Spread 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top of the sauce. Sprinkle some thyme or other seasoning as desired. Place the remaining slices of bread on top to form your sandwiches.
3. Place a frying pan on the stove and turn to medium heat. Once hot, carefully place one sandwich in the frying pan, cooking the bottom until golden and toasty. Then carefully flip over and cook until the other side is also toasty and the cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
4. If the cheese does not melt to your desired consistency, you can briefly microwave the sandwich for about 30 seconds or less before eating.
(Have some marinara sauce on the side for dipping if you are like me!)
Do you have any quick and easy recipes? Comment below and send me a link 🙂