Last year, I got really sick and ending up losing 25 pounds in 3 months. I looked like a skeleton. After I got better, my body stored everything I ate as fat thinking I was still in starvation mode. So I gained almost 50 pounds. I have never weighted this much and I just hate myself. So I have been working hard on getting healthy and in shape again.
Here are a few things that work for me!
1. Taking baby steps— I think it’s easier to start off small. I started off by only drinking water, then I lowered my calorie intake, and then I stopped having cheat days. The first few weeks are hard but after, you get used to it and you don’t feel miserable anymore.
2. Don’t have a cheat day— having a cheat day once a week is good because if you lower your calorie intake, your body will think you’re starving and will lower your metabolism, making you store more body fat. Defiantly don’t want that. But having pizza, cake, or ice cream doesn’t cut it. Instead, I try to eat just a little more on some days to help stop my metabolism from lowering. Sometimes I do cave and eat a slice of pizza but boy do I feel gross after. I think having something more healthy on cheat days is better than the most greasy thing you can find.
3. Eating a small breakfast–– I know it’s supposed to be better to have a big breakfast, medium size lunch, and a large dinner. But I have the biggest cravings at night and instead of caving in, I just go to sleep. I’ve tried doing a big breakfast but I get super hungry at lunch and even more hungry around dinner. Having cravings all day long is torturous. So a small breakfast is the way to go for me.
4. Eat until you are satisfied–– never eat until you are full. I used to eat until I was incredibly full to where I felt sick. I think this motivated me in stop before I’m full just by thinking of that sickish full belly feeling. So don’t try to force the food down because you don’t want to waste it or because it looks so good.
5. Only drink water— it’s better not to drink your calories. Water is so much better than the sugary crap. It makes your skin look and feel healthier. It helps if you drink a glass or half a glass before you eat to make you feel full.
Let me know what helps you lose weight! Comment below 🙂