So I admit it, I am a bullet journal junkie and I love being organized and creative with it. I think a bullet journal is perfect for me because it helps reduce my stress and anxiety.
Here is a list of why a bullet journal is beneficial!
1. A bullet journal increases productivity— it helps organize your life. You can create to-do lists, trackers, monthly overviews…you can create anything that helps your be more productive. My to-do lists are usually small tasks like taking out the trash. But when I check them off, I feel like I achieved something. I feel proud that I did something instead of just watching Netflix. Once you’re in, it’s hard to not be productive.
2. A bullet journal is customizable— the best thing is that you can create pages that you need. You don‘t have to put up with unnecessary pages, you can just leave them out as you create your own planner, completely customized to your needs. Also, you can always change the pages up, constantly creating a system that is perfect for your life at any given moment.
3. A bullet journal is a creative outlet— the more pages I make, the more creative I get. I’m always looking for inspiration and enjoy experimenting with my pages. I go back and add new things like stickers, doodles, sticky notes…anything I feel like to make the page look more complete. When I sit down and work on my journal, I feel relaxed, like the world isn’t on my shoulders. I get lost in the moment and totally zone out for hours.
4. A bullet journal keeps you organized— you can literally write everything down in a bullet journal. From to-do lists, to appointments, budgeting, your goals, your dreams, your wish list, whatever you want. Because it is an empty notebook, it can be whatever you need. You can keep all of your stuff with you all the time instead of carrying around different notebooks. All of your planning is in ONE place.
5. A bullet journal is fun— well, bullet journaling wouldn’t be so addictive if it wasn’t fun. I can imagine, that a lot of people find planning or organizing stressful. This is where a bullet journal can help. It’s not just your typical “fill in the boxes” type of calendar, but, as I already explained, it is also a creative outlet. So you are planning and getting organized all while you are having fun drawing, coloring, and decorating pages!
Do you use a bullet journal? How do you keep track of your to-do lists? Comment 🙂