I wouldn’t consider myself to be brave or fearless. But, I’m trying to be more confident in myself and embrace who I truly am. I admit that I have fears. We all do. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels scared or nervous to hangout with someone new. Or feel scared to truly be ourselves around strangers.
Here are a few tips that can help you become fearless!
1. Stop overthinking and just do it— of course you’ve heard this over and over again, but it’s so true. Most of the things we worry about don’t even happen. We spend too much time overthinking and thinking about the worse case scenarios. So try to get it out of your head!
2. Use peer pressure to your advantage— pushing yourself out of your comfort zone can be beneficial. It can help you grow stronger as a person and experience new adventures. Now, if those little hairs stick up on the back of your neck, you probably shouldn’t do it, whatever it is. Trust your instincts!
3. Embrace your fears— don’t beat yourself up over your fears. We all are afraid of something. Don’t let other people get your down for it. I don’t care if you’re afraid of drowning or afraid of talking to people. Fears are fears and they make us who we are. But, we can overcome our fears. We can try to stop them from taking over our lives.
4. Think about the opportunities–– the worse part about letting your fears get to you and stop you from living your life are the regrets. Some of the most amazing things that have happened to me was a result of taking that extra step. I’ve met amazing people in my life because I took the opportunity to get to know them. All friends start off as strangers, so if you don’t get the courage to say hi, how are you supposed to develop a friendship with them?
5. Remember, life goes on— no matter what happens, or how bad it might seem one day, life goes on and tomorrow will be better. So, you’ll never know what will happen until you try. I guess what I’m trying to say is to take that next step because it could change your life.
I hope after reading this, you’ll feel a little more inspired to go out and live your life. It can be scary but it can also be rewarding! Comment below what you think helps you become fearless!