Hello lovely bloggers!
I came across a post like this and felt inspired to share some pretty valuable things I’ve learned in life. Since graduating high school and moving on in my life, so much has change. It’s strange how different things can be in such a short amount of time.
Here are 21 things I’ve learned at 21!
1. Friends will come and go— I thought my high school friends would always be in my life, in reality, we only lasted a few months after graduation.
2. Put yourself first— stop putting other before you all the time.
3. Take every opportunity given to you— it can’t really hurt to try so TRY!
4. It’s okay to have a bad day— everyone has a bad day once in awhile.
5. Depression can’t just be “cured” or something you can get over— you’ll probably always suffer from it but some days will be easier than others. Telling yourself that “It’s just a bad day, not a bad life” can really help you.
6. Try not to worry until you have to— things usually have a way of working themselves out so just give it some time.
7. It’s okay to be alone sometimes— alone doesn’t mean lonely. Sometimes you need a day to yourself.
8. Don’t waste time on people who don’t spend time on you— you deserve better.
9. Rejection will happen— it’s normal so don’t beat yourself up about it.
10. Change can be good for you— try not to run away or get too worked up over change. Things happen for a reason and sometimes doing things out of your comfort zone could lead you to becoming a better person.
11. Spend your money wisely— you gotta pay bills now. So spend what you need.
12. Go with your gut— odds are that is the right choice.
13. Be kind to everyone you meet— maybe they’ll become your lifelong friend.
14. Dress how you want to dress— it doesn’t matter what others think, it only matters what you think and how you feel.
15. Take care of yourself— your physical and mental health is top priority.
16. Think before you speak— it avoids conflict, fights, and drama you don’t need.
17. Not everyone is going to like you— no matter how hard you try.
18. There’s nothing wrong with wanting help— if you think you need therapy or medication, then do so. We can’t do everything by ourselves.
19. Stay away from toxic people— if you think they aren’t a good influence on you or it feel like they are always bringing you down, it’s okay to let them go.
20. Don’t set yourself up for failure— take small steps to accomplish your goals.
21. Don’t compare yourself to others— it won’t do you any good. You’re perfect.
So there it is! All the things I’ve learned over my years. Most of these were life lessons so I hope this will inspire you to create your own post. I’d love to hear what you think so comment below 🙂