Lately, I’ve been struggling to get up in the morning. Mostly because I’m always busy and I pretty much exhaust myself each night. I’m a lazy person, I admit it. I’m always open to shortcuts and little loopholes, especially in the morning. Last week, I wrote Weekly Inspiration: Becoming A Morning Person and her tips inspired me to write my own. If you’re interested, you can also check out my morning routine!
Here’s how to have an easier morning!
1. Plan your outfit the night before— if you’re someone that takes forever to figure out what to wear in the morning, try to plan a head of time. I like to lay mine out the night before on my chair ready to go! It’s one less thing to worry about in the morning.
2. Keep everything together— it’s a lot easier when everything is in one place instead of all everywhere. I keep my keys, phone, purse, and water bottle on my desk. Having a designated spot for all your necessities will make your morning run more smoothly. You won’t be searching everywhere for your things when you’re already running late.
3. Pack yourself a lunch before— trying to get into the habit of eating healthy has been a struggle for me lately. Mostly because my cravings take over. So, planning helps me a lot. I think I’m more successful packing the night before because I won’t have the time to change my mind in the morning. Basically, I’m forcing myself to eat healthy.
4. Don’t hit the snooze button— when I hear my alarm go off, I instantly get up. If I don’t then it’ll take forever. I’ll wake up stressed and rushed to get ready. I hate feeling that way. It stays with me throughout the morning. I have my alarm across my room so I HAVE to get up in order to turn it off. I would recommend doing this if you are a snoozer!
5. Style your hair while you sleep— when I feel like I’m going to have a tough morning of getting up, constantly hitting the snooze button, and debating on skipping class, I try to plan ahead. Like how my hair should look. A cute messy bun is my go to hairstyle for lazy mornings. I feel like they take forever to look perfectly messy, which is ironic. But, sleeping oddly helps.
So there are a few of my tips for an easier morning! Thanks for reading everyone. I would love to hear what helps you in the morning. Please comment below! I need all the help I can get 🙂