Hello lovely bloggers!
Lately, everyone has been getting sick. It’s June which is odd for people to be getting sick. Most have been allergies but some of my friends have some kind of bug. I feel sorry for them. But happy because for once, I am not sick. Which is super weird because my immune system is awful. Serious, I see a doctor about every 2 or 3 months. Anyways, I felt inspired to write a post about what to do when you’re sick. So here we go!
Here’s what you’ll need to survive a sick day!
1. A comfy space— this could be a couch, your bed, or really anything that helps you relax. Most of my spaces are meant for certain things like my desk for studying, or my couch for watching TV, and me bed from sleeping and being lazy. My bed is filled with pillows and blankets. I kind of have an obsession with them. I have about 14 pillows just on my bed and I usually sleep with at least 4 blankets.
2. Lots of snacks— usually when I feel sick, I don’t want to eat anything. Which is terrible because I’ll feel even worse. So don’t do that. I usually stack some snacks up on my desk next to my bed so throughout the day I can just grab and munch. My favorite sick day snack is a PB&J. My mom used to make these for me all the time, especially when I felt crummy. Hehehe I had to make a joke there. Couldn’t pass it up. When I feel sick, I also eat fruit like grapes and watermelon. Always makes me feel better!
3. Water— if you are feeling under the weather, then you really need to stay hydrated. I always have a problem with this. My boyfriend will practically force me to drink water. It’s not that I don’t like it, I just don’t have the energy to drink anything.
4. Something to watch— I have a tv in my room right in front of my bed. I’m always watching Netflix, mostly because I don’t have cable, and I love binge watching! I mean, a sick day wouldn’t be complete without Netflix. Just saying.
5. Medicine— this is super important if you want to get better. You should also have some cough drops, tissues, and maybe some tea on hand. It really just depends on what’s hurting. I would also recommend lotion. Especially if you have a runny nose. Having a super drying, cracking nose is painful so make sure to keep your skin moisturized.
Thanks for reading everyone! I hope everyone is staying healthy and no getting sick like it is around my town. Please comment below if you have any tips for a sick day 🙂