Birthdays are important. You have this one day to celebrate a life. One that came into your world and changed you or shaped you some how. We are all unique and we should all have at least one day just about us. So, today is my cats birthday, Oliver. He is 16-years-old now. It’s crazy to think he’s been in my life for this long!
HOW I ADOPTED OLIVER
I went to a shelter when I was 6-years-old. I remember looking into all of the cages, looking at all of the different kid of cats, and then hearing him. He had a soft, sweet, winey voice. Still does. I saw two kittens, one grey and another brindle. I thought they were so cute! It was my brothers birthday so he picked the girl and named her Reece. I remember holding him, trying to pose for a picture, and he just wanted down. Reece was calm and wanted to be held. They’re the opposite now.
A LIST OF THINGS ABOUT OLIVER
- Sweet, gentle, kind, and cuddly is how I’d describe him.
- He secretly has a girlfriend named Rose. It’s my neighbors cat.
- You can’t leave a box unattended. It’ll be claimed in less than 30 seconds.
- He loves being outside and exploring the yard.
- When he whines it sounds like “WAH” and sometimes he’ll say “OWT” like out.
- He likes to follow you just about everywhere you go.
- I wanted to name him Wolfie but my parents didn’t let me.
- He likes to be held over the shoulder or like a baby in your arms.
- You’ll find him either under a window or in the laundry basket napping away.
- He has many nicknames like Ollie, Ollie Bear, Ahwee, and the list goes on.
Thanks for reading everyone! Do you have any pets and do you like to celebrate their birthdays? Let me know and send me a link to a picture!