When ever I’m having a bad day…like a really bad day, I try to turn it around. We all try to. Focusing on the positives, telling yourself that the world isn’t turning against you, and that tomorrow will be better. So, let me share a few things I do that helps.
- Drink hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows because how can you be unhappy when you have a nice cup of hot chocolate?
- Spend the day at the park. Feeding the ducks makes everything better!
- Cozy up on the couch and watch a good movie. I usually turn a VHS tape.
- Eat a couple scoops of ice cream. Calories don’t count on bad days!
- Clean. I know most people dread this but it helps keep my mind off things. Especially when I vacuum. The loud sound kinda relaxes me.
- Try out a new recipe. New things always help me feel a little more positive.
- Design. I like to rearrange my room or redesign.
- Take a bubble bath with some candles. Oh and don’t forget a bath bomb!
- Stare at the clouds or stars. I feel relaxed and less angry or stressed.
- Get up and dance to my favorite song. Some old 70’s songs brighten’s my mood!
- Binge watch a good tv-series. Right now, of course it’s Game of Thrones
- Go for a bike ride. I feel so free with the wind blowing through my hair and coasting down a big hill. Makes it hard to stay angry.
- Bullet journal. Putting my creativity in something helps channel my thoughts.
- Play pool. My boyfriend works at a bar so I like to stop by and play with him when it’s not so busy. Being focused on something helps distract me from everything else going on around me.
- Read a book. I’m not much of a reader but it helps time pass by.
And those are all my tips for you! I hope you’ll try some of these the next time you have a bad day. Comment below what helps you get through a bad day!